Guidance on completing an application
To check eligibility for a 2 year old childcare application view our 2 year old childcare webpage which includes a link to the Hackney parent portal.
All applications should be made by parents or carers, using the parent’s/carer’s email address.
Create an account
- Click on the parent/carers tab
- Create an account
- Add your email address
- Click next and complete the form
- Click create to save and create the account.
It is important to note when completing the form:
- Contact Number: whilst a contact number is not mandatory, it would be helpful to include one as the Local Authority may need to contact you if there are any problems with the application
- Address: When adding your address please add your door number and postcode, then select search. Select your address from the drop down list. Confirm your selection or add your address manually if not found and then confirm/save the address
- Password: When creating your password the system doesn't show you what you have typed. It is suggested therefore that you type or write it down carefully in a secure location for further reference
Verify your account
You will receive an email asking you to verify the account.
Click the link in the email that you receive to verify the account and proceed to the application process.
Complete the application
Your application will be completed in the following four steps:
Step one - your details
- Sign into your account with you user name i.e. your email address and your password
- Add your National Insurance Number and your date of birth - please be accurate
Step two - select child
- Click new child - add your child(rens) name(s), date of birth and gender
- Tick to select the child(ren) for whom you will be making the application
- Click submit application
Step three - add documents
- Click next - please note documents are not required for 2 year old applications
Step four - your results
- Wait a few seconds and the result of your application will be displayed
- Share your code with your chosen child care provider
- Please see the list of two year old childcare providers in your area
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the application process if the child meets one of the following criteria and you would like to apply for free childcare for 2 year olds:
- they are looked after by a local council
- they have an education health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or residence order
If you need any further support/information please do email - email@example.com or call 020 8820 7590.