Protecting Your Privacy
Any personal information provided to or gathered by education.hackney.gov.uk is controlled by the London Borough of Hackney (the Council).
- Contact the Council Data Protection Officer
The Council has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. This statement is specific to the information that the Council collects via this website and has been created to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The Council uses leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keeps strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
You as an individual have certain rights on how personal information about you is obtained, processed, stored and disclosed to others, including:
- The right to access any personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Information we collect
We need to collect and use information about you to:
- Deliver public education services
- Understand your needs to provide the services that you ask for or need
- Understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- Ask your opinion about our services
- Help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services the people of Hackney need
- Allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
The Council collects the following kinds of information from visitors:
- Feedback (through visitors emailing hackney.gov.uk)
- Forms submission data and survey responses
- Site usage information, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The Council will only disclose your information if it is lawful to do so in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our website. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
Cookies are small anonymous text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set out and how to manage and delete them, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website.
The Council is committed to only using cookies that are either essential (i.e. they are required to make something work) or that help us to make your experience of using the web site better.
Local Authority Education Privacy Notice
The Council also collects personal information about children and young people from schools, children’s centres and other educational settings across the London Borough of Hackney. For more information about how and why we process this information please see the Privacy Statement on the London Borough of Hackney’s website: