We are looking for a talented, creative Sous Chef to support Head Chef at the Gayhurst Community School.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and possess bags of enthusiasm.
The role requires the Sous Chef to have a `hands on` approach and be able to create excellent home cooked food using fresh ingredients and ultimately meals we can be proud of.
Main Areas of Responsibility
In brief, your responsibility will include:
- A genuine interest and desire to challenge traditional school catering perceptions
- Sound knowledge of food safety procedures
- People management experience with the ability to motivate and develop catering staff
- Previous experience in school or large busy kitchen is essential
- Evidence of making a significant impact in a previous role
- A valid First Aid certificate is desirable
The successful candidate will be based at Gayhurst Community School, Hackney.
For a tour of the school or to visit our kitchens and see them in action please contact Joanna on: JMakaruk@gayhurst.hackney.sch.uk