Our Vision: ‘‘Be the best you can”- this is what we ask of our pupils and our staff.
We are committed to providing the very best educational experience for our young people and invite applicants who share this commitment and want to be a part of our success story. We believe in the power of the curriculum and so intentionally have the following at the core of our practice:
▪ A pragmatic approach to pedagogical practice that reduces teacher workload.
▪ Teaching powerful knowledge rather than parroting the knowledge of the powerful.
▪ CPD which is rooted in the best educational research, often with a foundation in cognitive science.
The Academy is on a journey from Good to Great and this has been confirmed by Ofsted in May 2022; “leaders and governors remain focused on doing the right things to improve the school further. They have developed an ambitious and clear long-term plan that outlines how they will reach their vision”.
▪ You can motivate and inspire pupils to build on their current achievements.
▪ You have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative working.
▪ You are committed to working in an inner-city school and believe that such schools should provide the best possible environment for academic success and personal development.
▪ You have an excellent track record of outstanding teaching across Key Stages 3 to 5.
▪ You are resilient and have a great sense of humour, as you never give up.