Hackney Education values
Hackney Education’s values define the way we do things in Hackney and is the approach that differentiates us from competitors and makes us successful.
Hackney Education expects all our staff to work in the following ways:
- Child and learner focused: We keep their welfare and achievement at the centre of what we do.
- Ambitious: We are aspirational. We are driven by positive measurable change and impact. We benchmark against the best.
- Inclusive: We celebrate diversity. We respect, value and care for all.
- Proud: We are proud of what we do and confident in our engagement with others.
- Pioneering: We are innovative. We enable new solutions and ensure learning is at the centre of our work.
- Open: We are honest and accountable. We listen, trust our partners and work together. We build strong relationships and empower our teams.
- Proactive: We actively pursue opportunities and embrace all challenges with confidence and a positive attitude.
Our priorities 2020-2022
We have identified the following eight areas of strategic focus which aim to drive ongoing service improvement:
- Attainment and achievement
- School/setting standards, inclusion and wellbeing
- Exclusion from school
- Special educational needs and disability
- Supporting the Council and Mayor’s Manifesto priorities
- Excellent workplaces for Hackney Education, school and setting staff
- Hackney Education operations, service functions and traded services
- Partnership working and Hackney Schools Group implementation