The aim of our Recruitment and Selection Policy is to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, create a structure and process to facilitate the recruitment and retention of high calibre staff and to ensure we appoint the best person for each position.
We are committed to ensuring all recruitment adheres to employment legislation, safer recruitment guidelines and is fair and accessible to all. The safety of children and young people is paramount and we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
We use a customised version of Hackney Council’s online recruitment system, TalentLink. This system is an online process with inbuilt emails and e-forms to minimise paperwork and maximise the effectiveness of our recruitment process:
- HR co-ordinate the online applications and send via e-mail to the Recruiting Manager and Shortlisting Panel
- Selection Panel shortlist the candidates they want to interview
- HR e-mail the shortlisted candidates to invite to interview
- Selection Panel conduct the interviews and score the candidates via online forms, confirming the candidate to whom they want to offer the post
- HR send the conditional offer to the successful candidate and 'regret' letters to those who were unsuccessful
- HR arrange and co-ordinate pre-employment checks (Enhanced DBS check, references, occupational health check, confirm identity, right to work in the UK, etc)
- Recruiting Manager confirms the start date with the candidate
- HR sends out starter pack, Payroll forms and contract to the successful candidate
- Employee starts